Saturday, September 21, 2013

Next Up?

Next up, for me at least, had better be the birth of my daughter, who's already three days late.

That probably means I won't be sitting in on any Saturday games next week. If I do, I'll be leaving a very grumpy, desperate, and immobile wife at home. I anticipate taking a vacation for a few weeks from playing much of anything.

The next project will probably involve trying to come up with an ongoing fantasy kingdom simulator that can function as a strategy-RPG wrapper for miniature battles. I want something that functions like the Starfire strategic system, to tie together some single-night fantasy battles. Already have plenty of ideas. Don't have nearly enough time. As usual.

Meanwhile, I've invested in some additional supplies and game components for a solo playtest of the FF rules. I'm still working out some details for the territory-control subgame that involves garrisoning trade routes and unique sites. But I already have a working mock-up for the setup and the encounter tables. At this point, my greatest concern is that the rules are getting too bloated and need streamlining.

No comments:

Post a Comment