Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Introduction

Hello, all you internets out there! I'm a physics teacher, and I like games. I especially like old games with lots of rules and huge maps covered with hexes. It's hard to find much enthusiasm for that kind of aesthetic these days, but I do the best I can with the opponents I have available.

I'm intending to use this space to discuss topics related to classic strategy and role-playing games from the 70s and 80s. In particular, I'd like to post:
  • After-action reports from games with my current group from the Omega Pi chapter of Mu Epsilon Kappa, consisting mostly of students and other members of the university community.
  • An ongoing designer diary of my never-ending project to design a good old-school hex-crawl board game (with solitaire, co-op, and competitive modes), one that lets me explore huge maps loaded with old ruins and dangerous monsters.
  • Permanent links to all the interesting material I've read on other sites, and then subsequently forgotten how to find again.
  • Reviews of the various games I've played, for the interest of anyone else searching for information about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment