Sunday, January 19, 2014

Domain Level Actions In ACKS And D@W

After a careful reading of all four rules books (ACKS Core, Companion, D@W: Campaigns, and D@W: Battles), I've compiled a list of all possible actions that would be appropriate for a domain-level game with ruler or vassal characters. These are in addition to all the usual exploration and tactical actions possible in RPG-style play. A pdf version of the document is available here.

Although this list is intended to be exhaustive of all actions specified in the rules (notify me if I've missed anything!), it certainly isn't intended to discourage players from taking actions that don't appear on the list because they would be resolved by free-form roleplaying, like seeking diplomacy with a neighboring realm.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for compiling these and the other quick start tables. I have been sharing my experiences with ACKS to my friends, and they are gaining interest. I may soon get a copy of the rules and dive in the deep end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, I just realized that I uploaded the .odt file format instead of .pdf. That's not going to be useful to anyone without LibreOffice installed!

    ReplyDelete